Friday, January 25, 2013

Committing Oneself

    There has never been a moment in my life as a mom that I have doubted my commitment to my family. I've questioned if I'm appropriately committed to cleaning the house, If I have the right level of commitment to the inmates schooling and activities and as of most recently if I should be committed.

    In the last 48 hours I have been to the library, both schools, the church, play practice, dance rehearsal, the gas station, the grocery store, cleaned The Asylum twice, done two loads of laundry, and spent more time in the Mobile Asylum (AKA Mini-van) than I care to admit.

    I can't help but ask why we do this? Why do we participate in the insanity of it all between the house, school, church, and all of the activities in between? Is it for ourselves, doubtful  Is it for appearances, maybe. When it comes down to it I know the answer is in the happy faces of the inmates looking back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment