Thursday, January 31, 2013

Loathing Edward Murphy

    Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. This past week The Asylum and all of its staff and inmates have fallen victim to the loathsome Murphy's Law.....both versions.

    The original Murphy's Law reads: "If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in catastrophe, then some one will do it." This seldom heard form resulted in me being locked out of The Asylum during a rain storm, followed by hail, at 11:30 pm. Followed by maintenance taking two full days to fix the lock and ending with them replacing it with the wrong lock. All staff and inmates are locked out of the front door of our building until it gets fixed! They tell me now that it will be fixed this afternoon. They may be crazier than any of my inmates.

    The more popular version reads: "Anything that can go wrong will." sometimes with the addendum of "and at the worst possible moment." I fault this version for the mobile asylum getting a flat tire on Sunday, getting four new tires on Monday, and the serpentine belt falling off on Tuesday. We can also attribute our cell phone company "accidentally" disconnecting our phones for 24 hours to this version!

    So, today I sit before this screen trying to relax and vent all at the same time. This breather wont last long though. 3:00 pm will lead to me running to the store, picking up Pumpkin for school at 3:45pm, feeding him in the car to play practice at 4:00 pm staying there for any messages, coming home, feeding Peanut dinner, taking her to dance class, and getting home around 8:00 pm to discover if I get to go to the gym tonight to relax or if the husband is going to make snow tonight!

    Well, wish me luck and sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment